Beaumaris

Tennis Club

Beaumaris lawn tennis club is the only Club in Victoria that offers Tennis Australia recommended surfaces in en-tout-ca and plexi-cushion.

The Beaumaris Lawn Tennis Club (BLTC) unofficially commenced in 1936 with 2 asphalt tennis courts located at Ricketts Point (opposite Reserve Road).

In 1954 the Parents and Citizens Group of Beaumaris, of which one of our earliest Presidents, Nick Fermanis, was a member, sent out a notice calling a meeting of people interested in forming a tennis club at the Olive Phillips Kindergarten.

Today the club members enjoy 13 courts including 3 new plexicushion courts and 10 en tout-cas courts with lights.